Sunday, November 30, 2008
So my layout this week if of my neice and my nephew at their respective 1st birthday parties in Sept. They both thought the tissue paper was much more exciting than presents. Heck, Tyler got so excited that he tried to steal Emily's tissue paper at her party too!!
I love the bright colours that these pics allowed me to use, it was a little strange given the amount of Christmas cards I have been making.
Hope everyone is having a great week, I haven't even had a chance to see how many entries there are this week. I hope that there are lots because I am having so much fun with these challenges.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
I decided that I would post both a layout and a card again this week because I had come up with my card idea in my head when I found a letter that required immediate scrapbooking. SOOO here is the card.
I love the pengiun stamp. I have several of them and would like to point out to all of those who may stock websites (hint hint)that no matter what the companies try to tell you the sock monkey WILL NOT replace the pengiun this year. I have decided.
As you can also see, I felt the need to play with my brand new cuttlebug embossing dies. I want to use them for everything, they give such instant gratisfaction (definition: gratification + satifaction= gratisfaction, thanks to my boy Shawn). I am also aware that this paper is soooo last year, but I love the use of colours; playful and regal all at once.
Oh, and in case you didn't realise from the HUGE shadow, the pengiun is pop-dotted off the chipboard!!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Here is my entry for Memories in Motion's "Most embarrassing Layout Competition"
There are several awesome aspects of this picture I would like to point out, but have a look first.
- That I embossed using a regular marker... and missed a whole lot of spots. Oh and of course there is a whole lotta dust all over the page, but you probably can't see that
- There are fingerprints from the markers all over too
- The LACK of colour scheme or any consideration of palette, pattern or continuity
- The fact that there is a profuse use of templates to cut out pictures and paper. Only one of 4 stamps on the page has any actual relevance which is pretty rockin too
- I also enjoy that the layout has no real use of a visual triangle, or any sort of outline other than the letters.
- There is no journalling or labelling of any form. I give it another 2 years and I have no idea who these people are.... (ok so maybe a little longer than that, because I still talk to some of them thanks to faceplant, but you know)
- I would also like to point out that there is also leopard print used as the mat of one of the pictures. I should win just for that simple fact.
I hope everyone enjoys this and has a great laugh.
Thanks for the great competition idea kelly!!
I have a serious problem with Tim Horton's newest flavour of soup; "Field Mushroom Soup". Guess what Tim Hortons? Button, portebello's or porchini mushroom DO NOT GROW IN FIELDS!! They are grown in dark places in compost. There are other types of mushrooms that are grown in fields such as oyster.
It all has to do with what type of fungi the mushroom is. please refer to
If by any chance Tim Hortons chefs are reading this, please remember that the public is not as dumb as you think we are...and can I get some free soup because of your false advertising?
This was a far less exciting rant than I had hoped it would be. I guess I let it fester to long. Sorry Guys.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Here are my thoughts on the Bond movie;
1) When did the Bond villans get so normal? Mr. Greene is NOT an acceptable Bond villan name and I understand they they are trying to make an action film that is relavant in today's world, however the classic Bond villans had fantastic names.
2) Why did Bond get not one cool gadget to play with? He had a sweet car, but it didn't do anything. The had some pretty cool computer screens and things of the like, but no actual toys at all.
3) Cheezy sexual inuendos were what made the classic films so good.
4) I must give props for the impressive chase scenes. They really did some neat things that somewhat redeemed the movie. I don't want to go into too much detail and wreck things.
I still think that the movie was OK, but it definately will not become a classic and is far from the calibre of the last one. That is that rant.
Moving on to Christmas Trees....SO Shawn decided that he needed to set up the christmas tree he bought me for my christmas present(I am aware that it is still November, but we are slow to do things. If we start now it may be decorated by New years). Inside the box it said "don't return to store, call our handy hotline if there is a problem". Well there is a busted string of lights so we called the hotline. It was random, but we will have to call back during regular business hours.
Again, I have not finished my research on my Tim Horton's Field Mushroom Soup expose, so maybe tommorrow.
Monday, November 17, 2008
I have completed my card and I am going to post the sketch
And I am going to post 2 pics of my card because in one you get a little overwhelmed by the glitter because of the flash, but I really want to showcase how beautiful this angel stamp I found in the depths the crop room of my Local Scrapbook Store (LSS) is.
I hope that these give you a good look. Other than the glitter and my colouring with watercolour pencils, I stuck to a very neutral brown pallet. The sentimant is "Love and Joy come to you". I am to excited about Christmas to make any other sorts of cards right now!!! I asked Santa for a Pentax D200 camera so we will see if I have been naughty or nice.
Hope you enjoy!
This is my interpretation. I used pictures from the summer and really loved the way that the blue of the water and the sky worked with the red in everyone's clothes so I ran with that and added some glitter (because seriously, a layout isn't done without glitter!). It didn't photograph as well as I would have liked, but there is not such great natural light happenning in my house right now...ok there is none cause its the middle of the night.Hope that everyone likes it, I love feedback.